How to Change Your Hotmail Password
Your Hotmail password is important for you to access your emails and contacts within that account. It is also important to change your hotmail password to something that you can remember for a long period of time. It is important as well that when you change your hotmail password, it is easy for you to remember and difficult for others to guess you password. Ensure that you change your password to a strong password which is basically a combination of letters and numbers and lower and upper case keys. With an easy and strong password, you can have easy access to your account as well as keep out intruders. The following information is in regards to MSN Hotmail.
- Internet, hotmail account
- First you need to sign into your account using your existing account details.
- After you have signed in, look at the upper right hand of the page, you will see a link Options.
- After you click options, a new page will show up. Look for a link that reads Password. Click on the link.
- You will be required to sign in again using the old password. This is to verify that you are an existing account holder.
- After you are through with verifying your identity, you will view the page that requires you to change your password.
- Follow the instructions to fill up the form. Again, you will be required to enter the old password, then to enter your new password and confirm your new password.
- Click on Continue where you will go to the log-in page for your account. Log-in into your account using your new password.
- With the updated version on MSN Hotmail/Windows Live, you can simply reset your password. Again, you need to log-in into your account. At the bottom of the page click on the Help Center link. On the right side of the page, there is a link that reads Ask your question in the Windows Live Solution Center. Select the link and you will be taken to a page with a list of common things that persons may want to do with their account. Look for the link that reads Change your Password. Select the link and follow the instructions on the page.
- You will be required to sign-in into your account summary page with you Windows Live ID. The link will be provided for you to click on. Afterwards, you click on Change under the password reset information. You will then verify your existing account with your initial password. You will reset your password by entering and confirming a new password.
Tips and Warning
- When you try to change your password, a password meter will be there to guide you into creating a strong password.
- To tighten security on your account, it is recommended that you choose to set your password to expire every seventy two days. To do this, you will choose the check box: Make my password expire every 72 days, and then save.