Link my Charter Email with Outlook
A Charter Pipeline email account is a high speed internet account obtained through www.charter.com. You can send and receive email messages from your Charter Pipeline account through Outlook.
Steps to Link Your Charter Email with Outlook:
• Open Outlook.
• Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts…
• Select Add a new e-mail account, and click Next.
• Choose POP3 as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
• Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the “from:” field of outgoing messages.
• Email Address: Enter your email address.
• Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.charter.net
• Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.charter.net
• Enter your user name, and password for Password.
• User Name: Enter your Full email address
• Password: Enter your password
• Click More Settings…, and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
• Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
• Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” under “Incoming Server (POP3).”
• Ensure that Incoming Server is set to 110 and under “Outgoing Server (SMTP),” the default is 25 in the box next to “Outgoing server (SMTP).”
• Click OK.
• Click Test Account Settings… After receiving “Congratulations! All tests completed successfully,” click Close.
• Click Next, and then click Finish.